Every year around this time I get lots of visitors to the blog looking for cute deviled egg ideas for Easter. Apparently deviled eggs are not just popular in the South! So for those of you hunting for a fun appetizer for an Easter meal, here’s the updated annual roundup of Easter-y deviled eggs.
Your family will cluck with approval at these cute little chicks from swellkid:
A plateful of cute Easter critters from saveonfoods.com:
These colorful ones from Real Mom Kitchen are sure to wow:
Little hens and chicks from eye candy (not sure which one she made first, the hen or the chicks):
Keep ‘em guessing with deviled egg bunnies/mice from MyFudo:
T’was the night before Easter and all through the house . . . .
Everyone will ooh and aah at this pretty springtime presentation from Hungry Happenings:
What kid could possibly resist these adorable bunny eggs from Paas?
Another cute bunny idea (although I might leave the whiskers off) comes from PapaWow:
Deviled egg mushrooms from Chef de Paprika for your Super Mario fans:
A basket of deviled egg cuteness (soak celery in water to make it pliable for the handle):
Here’s another adorable Easter basket deviled egg from Taste of Home with candy-coated sunflower seed eggs:
If you’d prefer something a little more reverent for Easter, you might try these carrot crosses from Happier than a Pig in Mud:
Not deviled eggs, but here’s a few fun ways to serve hard-boiled eggs for Easter (and use up leftover dyed eggs:
Here’s my own recipe for Easter Lily Deviled Eggs! Feel free to use your favorite recipe for deviled eggs, or try a new one — like this great-sounding one for Chipotle Cilantro Deviled Eggs from Savoury Table.
|EASTER LILY DEVILED EGGS|| |
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 mini fillo shells (recipe developed with Athens brand)
- Paprika (sweet or smoked), to garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; set whites aside. Add mayonnaise and mustard to bowl, and using a fork, mash together with yolks until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into fillo shells. Cut triangular petals from reserved egg whites with a sharp paring knife. For each deviled egg cup, arrange 5 petals decoratively around filling, sprinkle paprika lightly over filling, and serve.