These intensely chocolate cookies with a chewy texture were a big hit. Use good quality bittersweet chocolate for best results.
|CHEWY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES|| |
Author: Tag Sale Tastes
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup sugar, plus ½ cup extra for rolling cookies in
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together corn syrup, egg white, and vanilla.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and ⅓ cup sugar in a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the corn syrup mixture and beat until combined. Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chocolate, and mix just until combined. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place ½ cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll dough into 1" balls, then roll in sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet approximately 2" apart, and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until cookies are cracked but still look wet between cracks. Allow to cool briefly on sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.