Now that the Thanksgiving leftovers have left the house, it’s time for some lighter fare. I was thrilled to find huge watermelon radishes at the farmer’s market this weekend:
Not much to look at, until you slice them open:
Nature’s spin art
I used the radishes, along with a box of microgreens that I also got at the farmer’s market, to make our favorite Watermelon Radish and Sprout Salad. It is as refreshing as it is easy, as it is pretty.
|WATERMELON RADISH AND SPROUTS SALAD|| |
- 1 large or 2 medium watermelon radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 2-3 cups microgreens or arugula sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss radishes and sprouts together in a medium salad bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Watermelon Radish and Sprouts Salad
An explosion of color and taste