This dancing egg chick that was recently installed on the esplanade outside my office reminds me that every year around this time I get lots of visitors to the blog looking for cute deviled egg ideas for Easter — this year is no exception. Apparently deviled eggs are not just popular in the South! So for those of you hunting for a fun appetizer for an Easter meal, here’s the updated 2017 annual roundup of Easter-y deviled eggs.
Your family will cluck with approval at these cute little chicks from swellkid:
Not handy with a piping bag? Food & Whine shows you how to have your chicks and eat them too, without the fuss:
Use a small ice cream scoop to make these stand-up stand-out Easter chicks (Larry, Moe, and Curly) from delish:
Or perhaps these cuties from kitchme.com:
A plateful of cute Easter critters from saveonfoods.com:
These colorful ones from Real Mom Kitchen are sure to wow:
Little hens and chicks from eye candy (not sure which one she made first, the hen or the chicks):
Keep ’em guessing with deviled egg bunnies/mice from MyFudo:
T’was the night before Easter and all through the house . . . .
Or trim radish slices to make less ambiguous bunnies, from kraftrecipes.com:
Everyone will ooh and aah at this pretty springtime presentation from Hungry Happenings:
Ditto for these showy deviled eggs from Created by Diane:
What kid could possibly resist these adorable bunny eggs from Paas?
Another cute bunny idea (although I might leave the whiskers off) comes from PapaWow:
And adorable bunny feet eggs from Hungry Happenings:
A basket of deviled egg cuteness (soak celery in water to make it pliable for the handle):
Here’s another adorable Easter basket deviled egg from Taste of Home with candy-coated sunflower seed eggs and sprouts:
If you’d prefer something a little more reverent for Easter, you might try these carrot crosses from Happier than a Pig in Mud:
Not deviled eggs, but here’s a few fun ways to serve hard-boiled eggs for Easter and use up those leftover dyed eggs:
Gather a few giggles with these hatching eggs from Hungry Happenings:
Here’s my own recipe for Easter Lily Deviled Eggs (I really need a better a photo). Feel free to use your favorite recipe for deviled eggs for these or any of the ideas above. Or try a new one — like this great-sounding one for Chipotle Cilantro Deviled Eggs from Savoury Table.
|EASTER LILY DEVILED EGGS|| |
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 mini fillo shells (recipe developed with Athens brand)
- Paprika (sweet or smoked), to garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; set whites aside. Add mayonnaise and mustard to bowl, and using a fork, mash together with yolks until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into fillo shells. Cut triangular petals from reserved egg whites with a sharp paring knife. For each deviled egg cup, arrange 5 petals decoratively around filling, sprinkle paprika lightly over filling, and serve.