Welcome to day 10 of Tag Sale Tastes’ Pumpkinpalooza!
Today I took pumpkin spice matters into my own hands and made a batch of Chex Pumpkin Pie Spice Crunch. This was a big hit here — in fact, I’ve already made a second (double) batch. Crunchy, sweet, and lightly spiced, it makes a welcome snack.
The Chex varieties used in this mix are Honey Nut, Cinnamon, and Wheat (it was hard to resist eating the Cinnamon Chex straight out of the box):
Mixing up a batch takes only a few minutes. There are microwave versions out there, but in my opinion, the mix really benefits from conventional baking. Use any kind of nuts you like — pictured below is a batch made with a honey-roasted nut mix from Costco that was really great. Pecans and peanuts also work well. (My family didn’t care for almonds, though — they were too hard.)
|CHEX PUMPKIN PIE SPICE CRUNCH|| |
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup nuts of your choice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place cereals and nuts in a large bowl. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, butter, and vanilla, stirring until thoroughly combined. Drizzle over cereal mixture, stirring to coat cereal and nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool before serving.